International travel has changed and you may need to do a little more planning and preparation before take off. We are here to assist you with your travel arrangements however it is your responsibility to ensure that you are fully aware of the requirements to depart and return to Australia, transit through or visit a foreign country. Rules are constantly changing and we recommend that you keep yourself up to date whilst travelling.
The health and wellbeing of our customers has never been more important to us, here is some important information to assist you.
- Do you have a valid passport with minimum six months validity from date of return to Australia?
- Do you require a visa for any of the countries you are transiting or visiting? Ask us for assistance with obtaining any visas.
- Do you require a travel risk assessment for your journey? Ask us for assistance with analysing the biosecurity risk elements of your itinerary from start to finish, including destination restrictions and quarantine requirements, as well as risks related to transit points, airports, airlines and even your choice of seat.
- Have you downloaded your International COVID-19 Vaccine Certificate (ICVC)? Download your certificate from the myGov website then print a copy and save a copy to your phone.
- Do you have travel insurance? We strongly recommend that all travellers purchase travel insurance at the time of booking any travel arrangements and can assist you with obtaining a policy.
- Visit the website of the airline operating your flight as some airlines have their own pre-travel requirements including COVID-19 testing (check if you are on a codeshare flight).
- Smartraveller for travel advice levels, quarantine, COVID-19 testing requirements and other information specific to the countries you are visiting or in transit.
- Department of Home Affairs for information on departing Australia, returning to Australia and Australian quarantine requirements.
- Your home state or territory for information about local restrictions or quarantine requirements:
Departure & Arrival COVID-19 Testing
Do you require a negative COVID-19 test before departing Australia?
- Some airlines require a negative test result to be presented at check in. Please check the website of your operating airline (take note if you are on a codeshare flight).
- Some countries require a negative test result received 48-72 hours prior to arrival. Please ensure you account for any time differences when calculating the 48-72 hours.
- For more information on whether you are required to present a negative test prior to departure or on arrival in a foreign country please visit Smartraveller.
Do you require a negative COVID-19 test result prior to your return to Australia? Check your home state or territory's website for information.
Arranging a COVID-19 Test
If you require a pre-departure COVID-19 PCR or Rapid Antigen Test, we recommend Australian Clinical Labs.
If you require a COVID-19 test while travelling or before returning to Australia, visit the IATA Lab Locator to find your nearest testing clinic.
The information on this page is provided as a guide only. City Beach Travel & Cruise is here to assist you but will not be liable for ensuring you meet these and any other travel requirements.